Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement (UTM)
Hull Thickness measurements are fundamental to your ship's compliance with structural periodical survey requirements.It is a Non Destructive Testing, performed to ensure that global & local vessel strength is retained. Check internal condition and remaining thickness of a vessel. Ascertain all possible areas of concern in terms of thickness measurement and close up requirements for all kind of ships such as bulk carriers, general Cargos, containers, Oil tankers, LPG Carriers, LNG Vessels, Chemical Tankers, Oil Rigs, FPSO Vessels and Drill Ships.
Thickness measurements can be obtained when the vessel is during Ballast Voyage using Riding Crews, Discharge Turnarounds, Alongside Repair Quays in ports and Dry Docks on all types of ships including rafting and Rope access, performed by qualified inspectors. Preparation of accurate and reliable report based on information from measurements, which further used for designing and budgeting repair works.
VTS Shipping is a young & energetic Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement Company in turkey and providing Hull Inspection services globally.
Our team is highly experienced and qualified in this area of work as well as in many other related areas, such as: steel supervising, photo reporting, visual inspection, and pre-purchase inspection, steel weight calculation/estimation and others.
UTM for Class Surveys (all types, incl. ESP Vessels)
UTM Shipping Service can assist through all the stages:
• Preparation of document and planning.
• Organization of the ballast / survey program.
• Completion of UTM requirements to Class rules and accompanying the Class surveyor if required.
• Carrying out ultrasonic thickness measurement survey.
• Creation of a steel renewal report to cover any areas of substantial or renewable wastage.
• Provide supervision of repairs at the shipyard if required.
UTM for Owner’s Condition Survey
• With UTM surveys being such a major part of the special / intermediate / CAP and CAS surveys we are able to assist the owner or managers to reduce the pressure on them by taking a big lump of organization/preparation/supervision jobs.
• When vessel is being sold or bought (independent/neutral to both parties company) for fair assessment of vessel condition.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
VTS Shipping Industrial Trade Limited Company